Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Changing my opinion

I often engage in conversation with the customers.  Sometimes out of genuine interest, some strictly for entertainment purposes, and some I walk into blindly.  Today was a blind day.

I was reading the newspaper and came across an article about a man who was fatally shot when he drew a weapon on police officers in Vallejo.  I have always felt that if a police officer orders you to drop your weapon then it is probably a good idea to drop your weapon.  A piece of advice from the crazy clerk. 

Anyway, I make this comment to my coworker and a customer at the counter takes the chance to engage me in some of that blind conversation that I mentioned earlier.  The following is the exact exchange.  Nothing has been changed to protect the stupid.

Customer:  Have you ever been fatally shot?

Me: Uh, no.  I've never been fatally shot.

Customer:  Well, if it ever happens you may change your opinion.

Yes, that is what he told me.  So if I am ever FATALLY shot, I will be sure to let everyone know if my opinion changed or not.  Let's hope that never happens though. With my luck I may end up dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment